Wednesday, February 10, 2010

snow schmoe

I could possibly bore you with countless shots of my Prius covered with snow, or perhaps the drifts outside my new home - The Comfort Inn in North East Maryland, but no, I won't do that. Instead, I will ponder the question that has been plaguing me all day. Since when is it okay for a junk food, in this case, candy to have flavors derived from another junk food (soda). As my friend Mikey would say, this is just wrong on so many levels. And while I am getting stuff off my chest, is it right that my dogs love their dogsitter Heather so much, that they didn't even bat a bug eye at me leaving with all my stuff...that too, is wrong. Maybe all this freakin' snow has left me grumpy, but don't fret, Julie and I will be back to our peripatetic ways tomorrow, and my cheerful demeanor will return. Okay. Heading back to the truck stop for some jello cubes and beets. Maybe some soda poppers for dessert.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

C'mon, get with the program. The Poppers are a consummate example of the decade's biggest marketing trend: co-branding. Betty Crocker Brownie Mix made with Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup, Kellogg Pop-Tarts made with Smucker’s fruit, Yoplait yogurt with Trix cereal mix-ins ... and on and on and on and on. Sucker!

Unknown said...

Not to be too heavy or anything, but ...

The flavors exist prior to their emanation as a food (or in this case, a quasi-food-like substance), on a higher, platonic level, what superstitious folks might refer to as in the mind of God, on a plane of pure form, in this case, chemical artificial form. Later existence of these flavors, be they in candy or soda or whatever, are mere bodies for the pure essence of the chemically constituted flavor to reveal themselves. So there is nothing wrong with a candy basing itself on a soda, since both are mere vehicles for the chemicals that are the flavor of Crush or 7Up.