Monday, September 17, 2007

The Armco Ferro House


Beverly Shores, Indiana. Ok I promise this will be my last post about the World's Fair houses.
I am just so fascinated by them. This house was made of corrugated steel panels that were bolted together. It was a precursor to the very odd a
nd cool Lustron houses that can be found all over the US. Somehow, Julie and I managed to miss the Lustron house in Beverly Shores and the one in Chautauqua, New York. The house looks a bit like Fort Courage in F Troop right now, as the enameled panels have been removed, but seeing the metal "box" frame is interesting. I am looking forward to visiting Beverly Shores again one day when the houses are rehabbed and rejuvenated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy, NIce pictures, I love the buildings but I want to read more stories about CHEESE! I am glad to see Chumley is having fun staying in the motels, who doesn't. I know Zoey would love to go on a trip like yours.

John Allen said...

Check you out! On your big adventure across this big and mighty land of ours. Blog on! hugs and kisses from big bad john (bella, juliette and cooper)