Friday, September 7, 2007

Santa Fe to Boulder: Prophets and Recycling

Friday- ok I am new to blogging and I have to keep my dates and places straight: So far, 1st day LA to Flagstaff. 2nd Day Flagstaff to Santa Fe. 3rd Day Santa Fe to Boulder Colorado which brings us to where I am right now, always a good place to be. Staying in a green motel. Everything is recycled. Very dog friendly. They even have their own dog run. Chumley made some friends with a mixed Dachshund and Rat Terrier named Buster. They ran all around the mini dog park and just had a blast. This motel has an indoor pool, indoor rock climbing and a great vibe. Big Head Todd even played here in the blues club right on the premises. One of Chumley's nicknames is Big Head Todd so we found that very coincidential. Boulder is cool. Lots of young kids riding bikes, cool cafes, cool restaurants. Outdoorsy vibe. Totally worth staying here rather than Denver which looks corporate and smelly and noisy. We met so many neat people with dogs (and without). One couple is traveling with their three dogs 2 rescued labs and 1 Saluki and their baby from Austin Texas to Portland Oregon! I think I saw a prophet in Gallup New Mexico in front of the pic a flic video. Then again he could have been an out of work below the line agent....Julie and I are headed to South Dakota in a few minutes. But it may take a while to sort out our green garbage before we leave. jm

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you gals are having a blast! I've driven across the US twice--first time with various friends along certain routes and second time caravan-style with 2 friends, my partner and our cat and dog. (Julie has "met" Amanda.)

Boulder is one of my fav places. Where to next? Check out Thermopolis and Lander in WY and the Black Hills of SD.

Thanks for sharing your adventures--I'll keep tabs.

poopsielovebug said...

Loving the picaresque. We see BigHeadT will be in Deadwood on the 14th. Worth dropping anchor for? Happy sailing (and O do I miss you)
-Philip Holahan

Rnaturemom said...

Wow, Colorado is one of my favorite places. Looks like the weather is nice too!
Robyn (and Jack, Audrey & Emmy)